Haunted house? Nope... This amazing structure comes from Little Norway a living museum within a Norwegian village located in Blue Mounds, Wisconsin. Little Norway consisted of a fully restored farm dating to the mid-19th century. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Little Norway closed in late 2012.
Perhaps the best-known attraction at Little Norway is the Norway Building which was built in Trondheim, Norway for the Norway Pavilion at Chicago's 1893 World's Columbian Exposition by Christian Thams. It was moved to this location and is one of the few examples of Norse stave church architecture outside of Norway. Along with the Maine State Building in Poland, Maine, the Norway building is one of the few remaining buildings from the Chicago World's Fair.
After the closing of the Chicago World's Fair, the Norway Building was sold to C.K.G. Billings, a prominent Chicago business man, and relocated by train to his vacation estate in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. While in Lake Geneva, the Norway Building passed through multiple owners, and was used primarily for recreation. During the time it was owned by the Wrigley family it was used as a private theater. The Norway Building fell into disrepair during the Great Depression. It was purchased by Little Norway founder Isak Dahle in 1935.
Following the 2012 closure of the attraction, a delegation from Orkdal, Norway, where the chapel was originally built, began to raise money to purchase the Norway Building and ship the building across the ocean. Between the Norwegian government and private donations, that amount totaled $700,000. In 2015, specialists assessed the building and began to dismantle it. The reassembled building was dedicated on September 9, 2017. A Norwegian delegation headed by the current director of the Norway Building, Arne Aspjell, will dedicate an Illinois State Historical Plaque in Jackson Park near where the original building stood in 1893 on August 25, 2018.
Description from Wikipedia